The Student News Site of West Haven High School

The Rostrum

The Rostrum

The Rostrum

Tues. 05/21 News Show

The baseball, softball, boys tennis and boys lacrosse have all qualified for states. Congratulations to all these teams. The dates for the post-season games have not been set yet.

The softball team beat Fitch 13 to 7 on Saturday. Mia Rubirosa had not one, but two home runs, while Sarah Davey took another one deep to help the Westies win. The Boys’ Lacrosse team celebrated Senior Night with a 10 to 6 win against Danbury on Friday. 

https://www.wevideo.com/view/3453443897

The Class of 2026 is hosting a volleyball tournament on the half day tomorrow. Tickets are $2 and can be purchased in D210 or D216 or from any sophomore class council member.

The third annual Culture Day will be Friday May 24th from 5 to 8 pm in the cafeteria. Tickets are $5 and are being sold in F314. The event is being sponsored by the Muslim Student Association and the International Club.

The class of 2027 will be selling candy grams for $2 for students to buy from their friends to motivate them for finals week or to “kiss” a senior goodbye. You must know the homeroom of the person you’re sending it to.

Do you think you have what it takes to sit in this chair next year? If so, stop by room F116 any time on Tuesday, May 28th to audition. Alternatively, you can stop by F116 any day during periods 1 or 2 to audition.