Guidance Department Celebrates School Counseling Week

Seniors Hannah Miles, Damian Torres, and Arianna Bowman were among the student who delivered tips for National School Counseling Week.

National School Counseling Week, which concludes today, brought attention to the unique contribution of school counselors within U.S. school systems.

The national theme for this year was “Providing Lessons for Life.” Sponsored by the American School Counselor Association (ASCA), National School Counseling Week highlights the tremendous impact school counselors can have helping students plan for a career and attaining school success.

“As a School Counseling Department, it is our hope that we are making a lasting impact on our students, in addition, we want to thank the staff for their support; as teamwork equals success for all,” said Dr. Rose Paolino, head of school counseling at our school.

For National School Counseling Week, students could participate in events and have a chance to win a prize. The events include completing a crossword puzzle and wearing college attire. Students could also stop by the School Counseling Office for treats and bookmarks. Along with this were daily tips available in videos produced by the digital media department.

Junior Isabelle Jean-Louis, who appeared in a video, said students should take advantage of these tips.

“The tips are very inspiring,” Jean-Louis said. “If people actually try to incorporate those tips in their life, they will be more successful.”

The final tip of the week can be seen below. Special thanks to seniors Hannah Miles, Arianna Bowman and Damian Torres for delivering Friday’s tips.