Thurs. 3/23 Announcements

Juniors, we hope you rocked the SATs yesterday, congrats on being done! Our crew was busy with SAT activities on Wednesday, so we don’t have a show for you this morning. A lot of the announcements from yesterday are still relevant, so feel free to rerun yesterday’s episode:

https://www.wevideo.com/view/3004367927

Alternatively, you can read through these announcements:

The freshmen class is holding a Spring Equinox Flower Sale. They’ll be selling flowers during lunch until today. The flowers will be passed out on March 24th. The cost is one flower for $2 or three flowers for $5. This is the perfect way to celebrate the beginning of Spring!

There will be a meeting for Spring Sports athletes and parents on March 27th at 6:30 in the cafeteria.

The Debate Team meets today in Room C-207. No debating experience is necessary. Come and join the Debate Team!

The FBI New Haven Field Office and Yale University Police Department will host a Future Law Enforcement Youth Academy this summer. The week-long, overnight academy will take place July 16 – July 22.

The next meeting for the Rostrum will be on Monday, March 27th in F116. If you want to join our school news team, please join us!

The Senior Class Council meets every Thursday in room F214. Come on by if you’d like to help plan for prom and our senior class fundraisers.

The UNH Dental Hygiene Program will be hosting a Give Kids a Smile event on April 11th and April 13th. Free preventative services will be provided for kids ages 3 to 18.

West Whims- the school’s arts and literary magazine- is looking for written submissions. If you like to write song lyrics, poetry, or short stories, send your written submission to Mr. DeBiase or Mrs. Lucibelli. This year’s magazine will be published in May. All submissions must be turned in by March 31st.

Gateway Community College Engineering Day is on March 30th. Our school is taking a bus to Gateway for the morning informational session. See Mr. Rice or Mr. Barraco for details. The bus will leave right after homeroom and return around noon, when students can get lunch. Sign Up in Powerschool!

Taylor Page from Post University will be giving seminars to help you prepare for college. They are open to all juniors and seniors. You do not have to be considering Post in order to attend. These are information seminars geared at all colleges. See Ms. McDonnell in the Career Center to sign up.

March 23 10:50 Public Speaking

March 27 – 9:50 Resume and Interview Writing

April 6th – 10:50 The College Essay

April 18th 10:50 The College Application Process

April 19th 10:50 The Freshman 15: Everything you need for a successful Freshman year

April 20th 10:50 Stress Management

Attention seniors: Senior Award applications are now available on PowerSchool. Senior Awards are monetary awards that are given out at a ceremony in May. Seniors must submit an application in order to be considered. The deadline to apply is March 30th.

Get tickets to the Theatre Workshop’s performances of “Grease” by following the QR code on the screen. The performances will be on March 30th, March 31st and April 1st in our auditorium.

Head to Duffy’s Tavern on Friday March 24th for Tip-A-Teacher Night. For that night only, our teachers and staff will be the wait staff at Duffy’s from 5 pm to 10 pm. All the proceeds from the event will support senior scholarships, senior activities and our food pantry. So come have fun for a good cause!