Cheerleaders’ DRIP Project Helps Everyone Have a Great Prom

The West Haven High School cheerleaders’ DRIP Project is helping students who need assistance with prom preparations.

DRIP provides a range of services, including prom attire, accessories, transportation, beauty services, prom tickets, and barber services, to ensure that every student can have the prom experience they deserve.

The idea for the project came from Coach Bridgette Hoskie, said the captain of DRIP, Emily Hennessey.

“When she told me about it, I knew it would be great, so that’s when I joined,” Hennessey said.

The project primarily provides dresses and suits for prom.

“The dresses and suits have been donated by stores, and a boutique shopping event is open to students who are invited,” Hennessey said.

DRIP also offers additional services such as manicures and haircuts for seniors who may not be able to afford these expenses on their own.

“The best part about DRIP is seeing how happy the girls are when they get a dress and, after trying so many on, just finding the perfect one,” Hennessey said.

The initiative has already helped many prepare for prom, but the cheerleaders hope to reach even more students in the future.

“I hope that we can get more people to come,” Hennessey said. “It’s a shame that we have so many dresses and only a few customers.”

Overall, the DRIP project is an inspiring example of how young people can make a difference in their community. By providing support and assistance to those who need it most, the cheerleaders of West Haven High School are helping to ensure that every student can have a memorable prom experience.

Text or call 508-921-4389 for more information.