The Student News Site of West Haven High School

The Rostrum

The Rostrum

The Rostrum

Mon. 3/4 Announcements

Happy Monday. We’ll be back tomorrow with another news show episode. For today, check out this video about our Criminal Justice Cohort and scroll down for your announcements.

https://www.wevideo.com/view/3353760508

A. SPORTS EVENTS
Baseball Tryouts
Baseball tryouts will be on March 16th and 17th at 10 am in the gym. You’ll need an up-to-date physical submitted to the the school nurse and a parent permission form filled out on Powerschool in order to tryout. See Mr. Carden with questions.

A. SPORTS EVENTS
Dance Team Meeting
If you are interested in trying out for the 2024 to 2025 dance team season, the first informational meeting is Tuesday, March 5th at 6:00pm in the All Purpose Room. Clinics & Tryouts are in May.

B. CLUB MEETINGS
Debate Team
The Debate Team meets every Wednesday in C206.

B. CLUB MEETINGS
Film Club
The film club meets every Monday after school in room C207. See Mr. Post for more information.

B. CLUB MEETINGS
Girl Up Club
The next meeting for the Girl Up Club will be March 12th right after school in room D215. Everyone is welcome, so bring a friend!

B. CLUB MEETINGS
International Club
The next meeting for the International club will be on March 7th, right after school in room D312. We’ll be learning about Jamaica. Everyone is welcome so bring a friend.

B. CLUB MEETINGS
Metaphysical Mondays
The next meeting for the METAPHYSICAL MONDAYS club will be held after school on March 11th in room D314 with Madame Reichert.

B. CLUB MEETINGS
SAT Study Session
The SAVE Club will be holding several SAT Study Sessions for juniors after school in H215. Practice will include both reading and math. Seniors, along with Mr. Carden, will be their to guide you. The next study session is tomorrow (March 5th).

B. CLUB MEETINGS
Soccer/Fútbol Fans Club
Attention all soccer fans! The next meeting of the soccer/futbol fans club will be today after school in D309. All are welcome!

C. IN-SCHOOL ACTIVITIES
Mr. Westie Meeting
There will be a meeting after school on March 6th in F219 for all those interested in participating in Mr. Westie. Contestants can earn back up to three attendance points for participating. Mr. Westie will be on April 12th.

C. IN-SCHOOL ACTIVITIES
Seal Of Biliteracy Test
Attention Seniors: Do you speak another language? If so, you should sign up for the Seal of Biliteracy test, which will be on March 13th. That will be the last day seniors can take this test this school year. This seal is an official document that shows your language skills. It will help you on the job search and in college. Stop by D306 or D312 for more information.

E. BIG EVENTS
Spring Band Concert
Please join the West Haven High School Band at their Spring Concert on Thursday, March 7th at 7 pm. The Band will perform their Concert entitled “Out of this World.” It will feature music from “2001: A Space Odyssey;” “Guardians of the Galaxy,” and more! Adults tickets $5. Seniors and senior citizen tickets are $3. Hope to see you there!

E. FUNDRAISERS
Theatre Fundraiser
Please help support the Theatre Workshop by purchasing a raffle ticket that is valid for EVERY DAY in March! The cost is $15 and they take Venmo, cash or check.