The Student News Site of West Haven High School

The Rostrum

The Rostrum

The Rostrum

Tues. 3/5 News Show

Support the boys hockey team tonight when they play East Haven in the first round of the state tournament! It’s a home game at 7:30 pm.

Congratulations to seniors Dana Davis, Alison Frazer, and Da’ron Markell Tucker who were recognized for “leadership and academic success” during the 28th Annual Black Heritage Celebration last week at City Hall.

https://www.wevideo.com/view/3359102244

Congratulations to basketball players Michael Singleton on being named All-SCC First team and Ethan Griffin on being named All-SCC Second Team.

There will be a softball meeting on Thursday right after school in F305. Anyone interested in coming to tryouts must attend. If you cannot please see Coach Figmic in F305 to make sure you are cleared to try out.

Baseball tryouts will be on March 16th and 17th at 10 am in the gym. You’ll need an up-to-date physical submitted to the school nurse and a parent permission form filled out on Powerschool in order to tryout. See Mr. Carden with questions.

If you are interested in trying out for the 2024 to 2025 dance team season, click here: subscribepage.io/OM5Hnu. The first informational meeting is Tuesday, March 5th 6:00pm in the All-Purpose Room. Clinics and Tryouts are in May.