The Student News Site of West Haven High School

The Rostrum

The Rostrum

The Rostrum

Wed. 4/10 Announcements

Our next episode will be tomorrow. Here are today’s announcements:

Happy Eid to everyone in our community who celebrates! As a reminder, today is a half day for students.

Sports Events
The girls tennis team has an away match today at 3:45pm against Lyman Hall.

The JV girls lacrosse team has an away game today at 7:00 PM against Shelton.

The track team has a meet today at home against Hamden and Sacred Heart Academy at 3:45 PM.

The varsity girls lacrosse team has an away game today at 5:15 PM against Shelton.

The varsity softball team has a home game today at 4:00 PM against Guilford.

CLUBS

The Debate Team meets every Friday in C206.

The Red Cross Club meets on Thursdays after school from 1:50 to 2:40 in B209. This club is for everyone who is interested in advocating and volunteering during a natural crisis and for public health, among other causes.

The next meeting for The Rostrum will be on Thursday in F116. If you want to join our school news team, come on by.

The Student Government/Interact Club meets every Thursday in C206.

HOSA is holding a community-wide book drive in collaboration with other clubs such as SAVE, Student Government, Italian and The Rostrum! You can drop your books off in any club advisors’ room or in room F119. Help us support the legacy of reading!

IN-SCHOOL ACTIVITIES

The Mr. Westie pageant will take place on April 12th during last block. Don’t miss this exciting display of talent and charm. Tickets are $5, and you can get them in F107 or F219.

Summer Job Applications are available in the lobby Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 7:00AM until 7:30 am.

There will be a Trade School Job Fair on April 24 in the lobby from 11 am to 1 pm. Come check it out!

ATTENTION SENIORS: If you will be 18 years old on Election Day, which is November 5, 2024, then please take the opportunity to register to vote by completing a very simple voter registration application. You can get an application from your English Teacher or by seeing Mr. Consorte in the Social Studies Department Office (C-203).

BIG EVENTS

The Junior Prom will be held at Cielo on Friday, April 26th from 6 to 10 pm. Tickets will be on sale from April 1st to April 12th before school and during homeroom in the library. Tickets are $40 per person, cash only, and students must show their school ID and signed prom contract at the time of purchase. This event is limited to 120 students, so don’t wait to purchase your ticket! Paper contracts are available for pick up in the library.

FUNDRAISERS
Class Of 2025 Candles
The Class of 2025 is selling locally made, small batch Spring Candles. Scents include Lemon Lavender, Fresh Linen, and Strawberry Guava. Delivery will be in time for Mother’s Day. See any Class of 2025 Council member or Mrs. W in the Library to order.